Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Gem in the Rough…

February 3, 2011
Like many things, I don’t overly proclaim my love for El Paso. More often than not, I complain about this place and make fun of it, even if it’s in “good nature”. My favorite name of endearment for this city is Hell Paso. How lovely is that?! J But honestly, after several years, I’ve finally planted some roots. It’s a very comfortable lifestyle here. To the naked eye, there really isn’t much to do for entertainment around here. In my experience, the typical classmate or co-worker may suggest bar hopping and clubbing as their main form of fun. Unfortunately, I’ve never been that type of person that enjoys the bar or club scene only. I actually remember the moment I realized that scene wasn’t for me.

Memory Flashback: My high school graduation trip was approximately a weeklong stay in Cancun! I was already 18 then, but it really didn’t matter…I was traveling to Mexico! J I remember my 3 roommates…one of which I went to school with since 6th grade, I believe…and the other 2 girls were just crazy and from some other school in Cali. Well anyway, I remember going to various clubs each night. After the 2nd or 3rd night, I was already tired and bored of that “scene”. However, I remember telling myself to enjoy it while I can, because it’s going to be a looong time before I do that again! Imagine that…18 years old and I already made up my mind about bars and clubs! 10 years later, I’ve only been to a couple of bars and clubs no more than 10 times…combined. I have a sixth sense which can be surprisingly strong, and in this case, it was.

There have been a lot of events that have come and gone. And there have been too many events that I didn’t even hear about until it was over. This city has been known to keep the same billboard advertisements on display for days, even weeks, after the event. Such a lazy town you are J

No comments:

Post a Comment