Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Heart on My Sleeve: Born To Be A Blogger…

February 3, 2011
It’s amazing how, in my head, I always know what I would like to write, what I would like to say...but I don’t make the time…I don’t allow myself to make the time…to write it down. I’ve always been a fan of keeping diaries and journals. It’s been a while since I’ve seen it, but somewhere in the chaos I call my room, I know I have my diary from when I was about 10. What I’ve been doing for the past several years is making To Do lists. I have To Do lists for everything imaginable…chores, projects, goals. My lists are unique, as I also include my feelings as a side comment of sorts. Ok, so, why resort to expressing myself through a To Do list as opposed to actually writing a journal or as the girly side of me wants to say…a diary? The answer is simple: I wear my heart on my sleeve, and when I write, it becomes a tangible piece of evidence to the inner workings of my mind. I don’t know if it’s a sense of pride, I don’t know if I’m just a bull and stubborn in some ways…maybe it’s a combination of the above mentioned. However, when I write, I become vulnerable.

But I’m also dumb. I’ll admit it. Sometimes I forget how therapeutic writing can be. The best way I can describe my thought process is it’s constantly running…It’s like a train going 100 miles per hour, and it rarely stops or slows down. Whenever I have a problem or I’m dealing with any situation, I have fictitious mental conversations on how the problem can be fixed, or how the situation can be dealt with, or the What If’s. Honestly, I am not a fan of What If’s or the Could Haves, the Would Haves, or the Should Haves. And a lot of times I forget that simply writing and expressing myself is the meditational tool to living a “less stressful” life. So ultimately, it’s funny how the fear of being vulnerable to write is a bigger fear than I imagined. Well, now that I have that clear and straightened, I can begin. Sometimes I simply can’t stop writing once I start. I’ve always been a writer. With my heart on my sleeve I’m going to move forth and write until my happy little heart is content as it can be. God Bless all. And happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment